AppSense Updates DesktopNow Suite to Reduce IT Costs Further and Deliver the Best Enterprise Windows® Experience Ever
AppSense, the leading provider of user workspace management solutions, today announced the latest release of DesktopNow -- its industry-leading user environment management suite. Bringing next-level innovation to IT, the new DesktopNow aims to dramatically reduce IT management costs while extending user productivity and IT controls across hybrid environments with a mix of physical PCs, virtual desktops and desktops-as-a-service (DaaS).
Key enhancements include:
• Simplified installation and setup process, including a new evaluation mode that installs all components in as little as 10 minutes.
• New personalization and policy templates to simplify virtual and physical desktop deployments in large-scale environments.
• Enhanced capabilities for non-persistent VDI and physical PC deployments.
• Improved DaaS support for enterprises that need to seamlessly extend user productivity and IT controls to hybrid environments, including private and public clouds.
• On-demand end-user entitlements to ensure maximum user productivity while maintaining security and .
• Crowd-sourced insights into user requirements for more proactive policy management.
“AppSense DesktopNow is central to our management strategy for both our physical PCs and our virtual desktop environment,” said Brooks Bennett, CIO at City of Round Rock (TX). “With this latest release, AppSense has made its product even easier to deploy and use while also expanding the granular controls that have helped make our desktop projects successful."
The new DesktopNow requires significantly fewer system resources and less capacity than earlier versions. These improvements, along with optimizations DesktopNow applies to the broader desktop environment, combine to greatly reduce IT capital expenses and improve the user experience. Meanwhile, new support and management features reduce help desk tickets and improve IT efficiency, lowering IT operational expenditures.
"A growing number of organizations are moving to heterogeneous environments that combine physical PCs with virtual desktop technologies from key AppSense partners like Citrix and VMware," said Ravi Khatod, SVP of Marketing at AppSense. "AppSense DesktopNow offers IT teams a unified approach to delivering the seamless desktop experience that users need to be productive while maintaining security and operational efficiencies.”
The latest DesktopNow release is available for immediate download on the MyAppSense.com customer extranet. Prospective customers can request a personalized product demonstration at www.appsense.com/desktopnow.
AppSense is the leading provider of user workspace management solutions. Its user technology allows IT to deliver unprecedented user experience and productivity while securing, lowering complexity and reducing cost of managing physical and virtual desktops. AppSense DesktopNow and DataNow have been deployed by 3,200 enterprises worldwide to over 7 million desktops. The company is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA with offices around the world. For more information please visit www.appsense.com.