BuQu Tech Launches Kickstarter Campaign for ChargeSmart™ iPhone 5/5S Smart Battery Case To Offer Raft of Attractive Rewards -- Supporters Can Receive Next Generation Smartphone Battery Case, Launch Party Invitations, Opportunity to Help Develop Next Product and More
CAMARILLO, Calif. -- Does a trip to Las Vegas in January for CES or having a hand in shaping the next top tech product get you charged up?
These are just two of the rewards of the ChargeSmart™ by BuQu Tech Kickstarter campaign, which launches today at http://kck.st/H1QrLl and runs through November 14. The campaign is aimed at bringing to market the first smart battery case for the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S in early 2014.
With a funding goal of $55,000, the ChargeSmart™ Kickstarter campaign will use a tiered rewards system to encourage people to bring the sleek, patent-pending smartphone charger to fruition. Under the system, there’s a contribution level and a premium for every contributor.
“We are delighted to offer a rewards system that will enable consumers to get in on the ground floor of an ingenious new tech product that’s destined to change the way people use their smartphones,” said Jessie Revlin, senior director of at BuQu Tech. “Not only will contributors get to play a role in sending ChargeSmart into the world, they will be on the leading edge of learning about -- or receiving -- new products from BuQu Tech.”
ChargeSmart will more than double the run time of the latest iPhone models while protecting them against everyday hazards like drops, bumps and moisture. Activated by an innovative free app, its charging algorithms will also extend the life of the phone’s internal battery by as much as 50 percent.
The reward tier for the Kickstarter campaign offers incentives at various pledge levels:
- $5 - Your name appears on thank-you page on the BuQu Tech website
- $10 - Early notification of ChargeSmart & BuQu Tech R&D updates
- $25 - BuQu Tech Mobile Battery - USB powered battery backup for on-the- go charging
- $50 - Priority shipment of ChargeSmart Battery Case - Early Adopter Price
- $75 - Priority shipment of ChargeSmart Battery Case
- $85 - Personalized ChargeSmart battery case with laser-etched message
- $100 - BuQu Tech Mobile Battery, BuQu Tech ChargeSmart Battery Case
- $500 - Launch Party -- Meet and greet dinner with the team, personalized BuQu Tech ChargeSmart battery case, BuQu Tech Mobile Battery
- $2,500 - Las Vegas CES Getaway -- Dinner and hotel stay at the MGM Grand during CES, personalized BuQu Tech ChargeSmart battery case, BuQu Tech Mobile Battery
- $10,000 - Ultimate BuQu Tech Experience - Join the R&D Team -- tell BuQu Tech what you like and help design what's incorporated in the next product, select the next product color and "name" your own model, which the company will sell online. Also: receive a personalized BuQu Tech ChargeSmart battery case and BuQu Tech Mobile Battery.
The ChargeSmart Kickstarter campaign features a rotating series of survey questions, each pegged to the need for the product. First up: “When is the most inconvenient time that you've run out of battery for your smartphone?” To respond, please visit http://www.instant.ly/s/43keo.
About BuQu Tech
BuQu Tech is a subsidiary of Battery-Biz® Inc., the leading U.S.-based manufacturer and distributor of consumer electronic power accessories. The company was honored as an International CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree for its Magnetyze magnetic charging system. Products entered in this prestigious program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting edge consumer electronics products across 29 product categories. Visit www.buqutech.com.
Posted: 2013-10-17 @ 6:09pm PT
Great article. I love Kickstarter! So many cool projects. I just backed a project called JUICIES+ project. It's the one with the premium charge & sync cables for iPhone and Android. You can see it at http://kck.st/17yfxcs I think there are only like 2 weeks left.