DotNetNuke Acquires iFinity, Adding Advanced URL Management Solutions to its Award-Winning Portfolio -- Most Widely Deployed Web Content Management Platform for Microsoft Improves SEO and URL Management for Customers
SAN MATEO, Calif., December 18, 2012 -- DotNetNuke Corp., the company behind the most widely adopted Web Content Management Platform for .NET, today announced that it has acquired iFinity, a website and software development company headquartered in Queensland, Australia. An international leader in URL management, iFinity's technology integration will provide DNN with a complete URL management solution, helping customers improve search engine optimization (SEO). Bruce Chapman, founder of iFinity, will bring his years of expertise to the DNN development team, effective immediately.
This news follows quickly upon the successful launch of the DNN 7.0 platform which has delivered advanced tools and features that empower enterprises, web content editors, developers and web designers to create and manage content-rich websites, social intranets and online communities more easily than ever before.
iFinity markets a range of DNN extensions designed for close integration with the DNN platform. The best known is the Url Master module, which is a frequent top selling module on the DNN store. The Url Master technology will be integrated into the next major DNN release and will provide customers, developers and vendors with the following benefits:
• A simple and consistent URL strategy equal or superior to any CMS/WCM on the market today.
• Improved SEO due to simpler, more logical URLs for all DNN pages and automatic redirection to enforce canonical links.
• Simplified management of common SEO related tasks through deep integration with the DNN administrator tools will enable more powerful SEO strategies for DNN websites.
• Greatly lowered switching costs to the DNN platform by providing developers and partners the ability to implement advanced site migrations from any existing platform to a DNN solution, maintaining or improving existing backlinks and search engine rankings.
• Introduction of new extensibility points for DNN developers to craft new URL strategies in response to their requirements by removing constraints on URL design and implementation.
• Better multi-language support through a combination of URL customization and automatic conversion of URLs for languages other than English.
"Today's announcement is a validation of my strong belief in the DNN platform. The large, vibrant DNN ecosystem has enabled me to build a successful business that delivers tremendous value to my customers. I am excited about the road ahead and the opportunity to deliver even greater value to my customers and to the entire DNN Community through a deeper and more seamless integration with the DNN platform and commercial products," said Bruce Chapman, owner of iFinity.
"Bruce has been an advocate for DNN for many years – a voice of intelligence and passion for the same beliefs that we have here. Bringing him and his vast experience on board will do nothing but help further improve and enhance the DNN platform as we continue our goal of enabling customers to design and develop content-rich, engaging sites," said Shaun Walker, co-founder and CTO, DNN. "We are excited to have Bruce on board and to be able to quickly leverage the URL Master technology to provide features that address many of our customers' most important needs."
About DotNetNuke Corp.
DotNetNuke software is used by developers, designers and business people to quickly build and easily maintain websites of all kinds. DotNetNuke is the most widely deployed Web CMS native to the .NET platform – more than 700,000 websites have been deployed worldwide using our products. Our online store speeds up this process by offering thousands of apps and add-ons that quickly and easily extend our product. Thousands of organizations like True Value Hardware, Bose, Cornell University, Glacier Water, Dannon, Delphi, USAA, NASCAR, Northern Health, and the City of Denver have leveraged DNN to deploy highly engaging business critical websites. There have been over 7 million downloads of our open source project, which fuels an active global community one million strong. The rapid growth of our commercial products resulted in DotNetNuke Corp. being named as one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine in 2011 and 2012. Founded in 2006 and funded by Sierra Ventures, August Capital and Pelion Venture Partners, DotNetNuke Corp. is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices in Vancouver and Amsterdam.