BANGALORE, India, May 08, 2012 -- OnMobile today announced the results of its fourth quarter of fiscal year 2012, ended March 31, 2012. Revenue for the fiscal quarter was Rs 1,776 million, a 33 percent increase versus the comparable period a year ago. Revenue at the end of the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2011 stood at Rs 1,333 million.
Financial Highlights (4th Quarter Fiscal 2012 as compared to 4th Quarter Fiscal 2011)
• Revenue increased 33% from Rs 1,333 million to Rs 1,776 million
• EBITDA increased 33% from Rs 309 million to Rs 413 million
• Operating Margin came down by 7% from Rs 165 million to Rs 153 million
• Net Profit came down by 82% from Rs 269 million to Rs 48 million
• Earnings per share came down by 82% from Rs 2.2 to Rs 0.4
Highlights of Fiscal Year 2012 (Fiscal Year 2012 as compared to Fiscal Year 2011
• Revenue increased 19% from Rs 5,372 million to Rs 6,380 million
• EBITDA increased 16% from Rs 1,208 million to Rs 1,399 million
• Operating Margin came down by 13% from Rs 642 million to Rs 559 million
• Net Profit came down by 7% from Rs 892 million to Rs 831 million
• Earnings per share came down by 5 % from Rs 7.4 to Rs 7
• The Board of Directors have recommended, subject to approval of shareholders, a dividend of Rs 1 per fully paid up equity share of Rs 10 each, aggregating to Rs 133.7 million, including dividend distribution tax.
• International revenues continue to grow well, contributing to 52% of our topline in 4Q compared to 32% a year ago. On a full year basis, international revenue contributed to 45% of our top-line revenue.
• We have launched with one more country as part of the Telefonica LatAm deployment during the quarter taking our reach to 12 countries and 99% of the addressable subscriber base in that market.
• Our business in other emerging markets, notably Africa and in developed markets like Europe and North America also showed impressive gains with new customer deployments and product launches.
• Revenue growth at healthy pace driven by our international operations off-setting sluggish domestic business.
• EBITDA margins have been maintained almost in line with our revenue growth, despite our continuing investments towards geographical expansion in Latin America, North America and Africa.
OnMobile [NSE India: ONMOBILE], headquartered in Bangalore, India, with services in 55 countries, is the leading Value Added Services [VAS] company for Mobile, Landline and Media Service Providers. OnMobile offers an innovative array of products in Mobile Entertainment, Search and Discovery, Data Services and Mobile Social Networking and is a leader in the VAS Managed Services industry. The products span a range of channels including SMS, Voice, Video, WAP, Web, USSD and On-Device Portals, enabling OnMobile's 92 telecom and media customers to generate high revenues. With over 1500 employees worldwide, OnMobile has offices around the globe, including London, Paris, Madrid, Silicon Valley, Miami and Seattle. www.onmobile.com.