OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Oct. 23, 2012 -- With machine to machine (M2M) market growth accelerating from fast to blistering, Sprint (NYSE: S) is adding even greater impetus to its M2M leadership in 2012. Key actions year to date include:
- continued development of Sprint's diverse M2M solutions portfolio;
- further expansion of Sprint's extensive M2M ecosystem capabilities;
- introduction of industry-first core competencies, both as a systems integrator for automotive in-vehicle communications systems, and providing end-to-end, turnkey usage based insurance (UBI) solutions; and
- wide-reaching enhancement of Sprint's global M2M capabilities through its collaboration with Orange Business Services and other relationships around the world.
Telecom, media and technology experts at Analysys Mason predict the global market for M2M connections will grow to 2.1 billion devices in 2021 from 100.4 million devices in 2011.
Sprint Reputation for Innovation Grows, as Global M2M Capabilities Expand
"For more than a dozen years, Sprint has been at the forefront of M2M breakthroughs and has helped coordinate opportunities for developers and business partners to power their innovative M2M products on its network ," said Matt Carter, president of Global Wholesale and Emerging Solutions, Sprint. "The company remains a technology leader by giving the customer the service they want, when and where they need it. This includes developing entirely new, industry-first core competencies as a systems integrator for the automotive industry and provider of turnkey insurance solutions."
Innovation: Sprint recently announced examples of how it teams with innovative companies on M2M solutions, such as VendScreen and Live U, as well as how it uses Cernium's Check Video solution to meet the video surveillance needs of Georgetown County (S.C.) Water and Sewer District.
Accolades: This year Sprint has earned honors for its M2M execution from noted independent entities:
- A Gold Value Chain award was presented to Sprint, Pro-Transport-1 and Feeney Wireless in the transportation category by Connected World Magazine in July 2012. Mobile Innovations LLC, Sprint, Telit Wireless Solutions and Connected Development won a Bronze Value Chain Award in the home health category.
- In September 2012, Connected World named Sprint to the 2013 CW 100 list of the most important and influential providers of M2M services. Sprint has received the annual recognition for nine consecutive years.
Global Capability: Sprint also is collaborating with multiple international carriers to address global customer requirements. One example is Orange Business Services, which helps to expands global M2M connectivity for Sprint customers across 180 countries. Businesses can more easily take their operation nearly anywhere in the world, reducing complexity by working with a single point of contact to provide a unified, cost effective solution to meet domestic and international connectivity needs. (continued...)