Sprint continues to pace M2M innovation with its open approach, solutions choice and ecosystem expansion across multiple high-growth segments -- Sprint M2M portfolio adds new capabilities for automotive, transportation, insurance, retail and other market sectors around the globe
(Page 3 of 5)
Retail: With the many innovations emerging to help the retail industry better serve its customers, Sprint is working with a variety of companies to power kiosks, digital signage and vending solutions, such as:
- Open America Inc., has recently testedcertified its platforms to be compatible run on the Sprint wireless network. This includes its Digital Engine line of media players and WarmTouch all-in-one interactive devices. Each has been certified with a broadband module, antenna, and modem control software.
- Earlier this year, AVT Named Sprint as its preferred wireless connectivity provider for its automated retail and smart vending solutions.
Remote Monitoring: In addition, Sprint powers a variety of remote monitoring solutions that meet unique needs across healthcare, security and smart grid/energy, including:
- Sprint teams with Metrum Technologies, LLC, Power Insight and Tollgrade Communications, Inc. to help electric utilities improve the efficiency of distribution and management systems, essentially making the smart grid smarter. Metrum's entire line of smart meters is available with Sprint wireless connectivity, and Tollgrade offers Medium Voltage (MV) sensors with Sprint wireless connectivity to provide fault detection and location, asset management, load monitoring and power quality information for utilities in urban and rural locations. Power Insight recently earned Sprint network certification to provide energy monitoring and control service gateway for residential, lite commercial building automation platforms and vending kiosks.
- As announced earlier this year, to provide enterprises, fleet owners, government agencies and other organizations with more choices in asset protection, Sprint has expanded its portfolio of products from Omnilink, an award-winning provider of location-based services (LBS) and platforms. The Omnilink Asset Tracking solution operates on the Sprint wireless networks and offers a unique, out-of-the box tool for tracking assets at risk for theft or damage.
- The new Uplink CDMA Alarm Communicator powered by Sprint was introduced this summer. This advanced M2M security solution delivers residential and commercial customers the confidence of using secure CDMA technology for their primary or back-up wireless alarm communications.
- IDEAL LIFE and Sprint unveiled a new cellular pod that will make it easier than ever for users to manage wellness and monitor chronic conditions remotely. The pod debuted earlier this year and uses M2M communication to share information over Sprint's wireless network.